Floating Contact Form Portlet
Back Inex Partners relies on Kuehne+Nagel’s Net Zero Carbon programme
Inex Partners Oy will continue their efforts to reduce carbon emissions in other modes of transport globally and domestically.
Inex Partners Oy
Kuehne+Nagel's supports the goal with the Net Zero Carbon programme, which aims to reduce CO2 in transport and logistics services worldwide.
- Joint efforts to reduce Inex emissions by 2025
- Kuehne+Nagel’s Net Zero Carbon programme core element of
the reduction strategy
- Long-term relationship with the aim of transitioning to lowcarbon logistics
Inex Partners Oy has once again nominated Kuehne+Nagel as its partner for order and supplier management and overseas ocean freight. Preceded by a 10-year partnership, this contract extension is also based on Kuehne+Nagel’s sustainable transport offering.
Inex Partners Oy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOK Corporation whose main task is to provide warehousing and transportation services for the grocery and consumer goods chain of the S Group – a customer-owned, Finnish network of companies in the retail and service sectors with more than 1,800 outlets.
In Finland, sustainability is at the top of the national agenda. With its green mindset and world-class research environment, Finland generates sustainable solutions for various industries and areas of life. Moreover, Finland aims to be a carbon-neutral society by the year 2035. As 8% of global CO2 emissions are caused by trade-related freight transport, Finnish companies are also mindful of the emissions caused by their
Inex Partners Oy has set itself the goal of reducing domestic emissions by 20% by 2025. This will be achieved, in part, by streamlining logistics, optimising routes, and using sustainable fuels as part of Kuehne+Nagel's Net Zero Carbon programme, which aims to reduce CO2 in all of the company's transport and logistics services worldwide.
Together we make a better place to live
– We are proud that Inex Partners, together with Kuehne+Nagel, has already achieved carbon neutrality in ocean freight logistics and we will continue our efforts to reduce carbon emissions in other modes of transport globally and domestically, says Lasse Korhonen, Head of International Logistics at Inex Partners Oy.
Otto Schacht, Member of the Management Board of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, responsible for Sea Logistics, says:
– Next to being fully carbon neutral in our direct sphere of influence as of 2020, we have decided to proactively address the CO2 footprint of the transportation services performed by our suppliers – airlines, shipping lines and haulage companies – by 2030. We can only achieve this goal together with like-minded customers like Inex Partners Oy, who are willing to work together on a green transformation in logistics.